Anyone wishing to enter the Club’s field trials must be fully conversant and comply with the Kennel Club Field Trials Regulations (J Regs), their Code of Conduct at Field Trials and those of the Club listed below. All persons attending our field trials are under the jurisdiction of the Judges and Officers of the Club, must conduct themselves accordingly and be appropriately dressed for the day.
NB: Our financial year starts on 1st March and subscriptions are due annually regardless of when membership was approved in the previous financial year. Membership applications are considered by the Committee quarterly, (1st March, 1st June, 1st September and 1st December). Anyone whose membership has lapsed will be removed from the register and have to reapply.
- Dogs entered at Kennel Club licensed Field Trials must be registered with the Kennel Club in accordance with their Regulations for Classification and Registration B. Any overseas entries without an Authority to Compete number in the owner’s name will be returned.
- Out of respect to our Host and Guns, competitors are asked to ensure that their dogs are competent in picking all game and have no known eliminating faults.
KENNEL CLUB DECLARATION: Before entering your dog in this novice trial, please read the following statements and if you, as the owner/handler and/or your dog do not meet the criteria required, please refrain from entering any field trials until this has been achieved.
- I have helped at a field trial
- I have read the current copy of the J Regulations
- I have had my dog out on shooting days
- My dog has picked wounded game
- My dog is steady to shot off the lead
- My dog is steady, off the lead, when another dog is sent for a retrieve
- As far as I am aware, my dog has no recurring eliminating faults
- The Club reserves the right to refuse any entry
- Judges at a Trial are prohibited from entering a dog recorded/registered in their ownership, part ownership or resident at their address in the preceding twelve months.However, this does not apply if a Judge were appointed in the case of emergency.
- A separate entry form and cheque is required for each dog entered in a stake with either a stamped addressed envelope or email address for the draw result.Entries that are incorrectly completed, illegible or on an out of date form will not be accepted. However, if there were sufficient time before the closing date, the applicant may be given the opportunity to re-submit their entry.
- If entries exceed the number of permitted runners, the right to compete in the trial shall be decided by ballot.All the Club’s ballots are witnessed by at least one independent party and done in accordance with J7h and J7j. However, should the Club run two stakes of the same denomination for any sub-group within the same season, members who were unsuccessful in the first draw will be given priority in the second.
- Substitutions will be allowed.
- Anyone unable to compete, including those on the reserve list, should notify the Field Trial Secretary immediately.The Club reserves the right to refuse a refund of the entry fee for any withdrawal made after the draw has been sent out unless covered by J6f (veterinary, medical or no longer eligible). The Club considers that by accepting a run, the entered dog is not committed to any other stakes on the same day.
- Any competitor not present when the Chief Steward declares the trial started, will forfeit their run and his/her place allocated to the next available reserve.
- The Club hopes eliminated competitors will stay until the end of the day but none may leave without the permission of the Chief Steward.
- No bitch in season nor any dog that has been exposed to an infectious or contagious disease within twenty one days prior to the trial may be brought to the ground.A competitor whose dog is entered in a KC licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met and should not knowingly put their dogs’ health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or otherwise.
- Videography and photography will only be permitted with the express permission of the Host and Field Trial Secretary.
- The Land Owner, Gunss and Club accept no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to persons or property howsoever occasioned.
- Competitors are responsible for their armband until such time it is handed back to the Chief Steward. In the event of loss, a £10 charge will be made.